10 Tips for Choosing a Good Real Estate Agent
Eliezer Dansky of Eliezer Realtyט"ו אלול ה'תשע"ז 06/09/17
Choose an agent with a calling-card, a website, a fixed address, who appears to have financial stability. Don't fall for bright ties and fancy titles. Ensure the one working with you is the same one whose name is on the real estate agent form you first filled out.
- Real estate license. Israeli law requires every real estate have a current license. He must have a current "Rishayon Tivuch Mekarke'in". This, more than anything, shows his professional commitment.
- Local expertise. Only choose an agent whose expertise lies where you need him to succeed. Make sure of this by prior research, and listening and observing his work method.
- Success. Look for past, proven success. Mention what you found out to signal your expectations.
- Has a marketing plan. Ask your agent for a marketing plan in writing, read it yourself, and make sure you understand it. You can often obtain a promise to stick to it.
- Mediation and negotiation abilities. Choose an agent who can negotiate. Every real estate deal requires some good negotiation, so each side receives what we expects.
- Workplace environment. Choose an agent with a calling-card, a website, a fixed address, who appears to have financial stability. Don't fall for bright ties and fancy titles. Ensure the one working with you is the same one whose name is on the real estate agent form you first filled out.
- Exclusivity. To increase the odds of selling your property, the right way is to grant exclusive rights to one, energetic, effective agent.
- Recommendations. A professional broker will always carry around a folder with letters from satisfied customers. Ask to see them.
- Brokerage fee.
- Choose the agent likely to bring you a good, hassle-free deal. Don't choose the agent who offers cheap services. It's all about the closing profit.
- Your kind of person. A good broker is one with good communication skills with friends, partners, and clients. You have the right to choose the right broker for your mentality, who understands your needs. Have some interviews.